The underlying trait of assertive people is self-confidence but in business, you have to make sure that your assertion doesn’t cross the fine line into aggression.
At Vital Minds Business Training our Assertiveness Training workshops uses elements of NLP and MBTI™ to focus on your individual style of communication and it will help you to understand your own definitions of what assertiveness means.
As a rule of thumb, assertiveness is based on balance, i.e. being committed to your own individual wants and needs while being considerate towards the wants and needs of others. Aggression is based on winning, i.e. doing what you want without considering the needs and wants of others.
Put another way, assertive people ask for what they want but don’t always get it, aggressive people simply take what they want.
On our Assertiveness Training workshop is suitable for Managers and Directors at all levels of the corporate hierarchy and you will learn how to –
- Weave assertiveness skills into your own style of communication
- Improve relationships in both your personal and professional life
- Work towards ‘win-win’ outcomes
- Express your views with confidence while respecting the views of others
- Understand your own behaviour and the behaviour of others
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in yourself and others
- Speak with confidence
- Build trust and rapport with your peers
- Disagree constructively while offering options
- Respond coherently to different types of personalities
- See the value in others more quickly to reach common ground
Assertive people are proven to be better at problem solving, they get to ‘win-win’ faster, they are less stressed and they display a ‘can do’ attitude and with these traits in place, productivity increases and so does profitability.
For more information on our Assertiveness Training workshops and to discuss availability and booking, please contact us today.